Customer Service 4-40 Representatives advise clients on policies, give quotes and answer questions, however they must work under the supervision of a licensed General Lines 2-20 agent. To sell policies, one would need to have a Property and Casualty 2-20 license or a Life and Health 2-15 license depending upon the type of policies being sold.
Becoming a Customer Service 4-40 Representative entails successfully completing the 100-hour course which we offer in various formats as found on the “Course Schedule” tab.
Gold Coast School of Insurance, Inc., offers the finest insurance licensing programs available in Florida. The correct choice of a school is the first important decision for those entering the insurance field. It is very important to note that all schools are not created equally. We invite you to make an honest comparison and see why Gold Coast is by far the best choice.
- Enrollments are good for up to one year with no retake fees
- We offer day, evening, and weekend classes for your convenience
- Our instructors are carefully selected based upon industry experience and presentation skills making them the best in the industry
- Our modular scheduling allows you to begin most classes immediately
- Our continuous scheduling allows for easy makeup and review of missed classes
- Our low prices include our exclusive materials which are the finest available
- Our exam-prep programs help push you over the top on the state exam
- We have 5 permanent South Florida locations
To register online, use the drop down menu in the “Schedule My Course” box to select a campus location and start date. If you have any questions or would like to register by phone, please contact our helpful Career Counselors at 1-800-732-9140.
- State Textbook
- State Exam Prep. Material WorkBook
- Review Flash Cards Study Aid
- Unlimited access to our 3-day exam cram for up to 1 – year
|Customer Service Rep CSR 4-40 Qualification|
|Weekends (approx. 12-14 weeks)
Sat & Sun 9:00am-5:00pm
|Evenings (approx. 18-22 weeks)
Mon/ Wed/ Fri 6:30pm- 10:00pm
|Jan 3||July 11||Jan 5||July 6|
|Jan 31||Aug 8||Feb 2||Aug 3|
|Feb 28||Sept 12||Mar 2||Sept 2|
|Mar 28||Oct 10||Apr 1||Oct 5|
|May 2||Nov 7||May 4||Nov 2|
|June 6||Dec 5||June 1||Dec 2|
|Days (5 weeks) Mon- Fri 9:00am-6:00pm|
|Jan 5||Mar 9||May 18||July 13|
- Weekends: Saturday and Sunday – 9:00am-5:00pm (approx. 12-14 weeks) at our Doral campus.
11250 N.W. 20th Street Miami, FL 33172
- Evenings: Mon/Wed/Fri – 6:30pm-10:00pm (approx. 18-22 weeks) at our Broward campus.
5600 Hiatus Road Tamarac, FL 33321
- Days: Mon-Fri – 9:00am-6:00pm (5 weeks) at our Broward campus.
5600 Hiatus Road Tamarac, FL 33321
It’s important to note that becoming a Customer Service 4-40 representative requires working under a licensed General Lines 2-20 agent. The following are the basic requirements for becoming a Customer Service 4-40 Representative:
- Complete an online application
- Be at least 18 years old
- A United States citizen or legal working alien and a Florida resident
- Be in good moral standing in terms of criminal background
- Successfully complete a 100 hour approved course (Gold Coast’s CSR-4-40 course is approved)
- Pass the state exam (Our Instructors, materials, course, and Exam-Prep, have proven to help students pass this exam the first time.)
If you are interested in reading more about the state requirements for becoming a Customer Service 4-40 Representative, you can visit the state’s website at www.myfloridacfo.com/agents.
You can also feel free to call out Career Counselors at 1-800-732-9140.
West Palm Beach (Lantana)6216 S. Congress Avenue
Lantana, FL 33462
Take I-95 to Lantana Road. Exit west on Lantana Road to Congress Ave. Turn left on Congress and then left into Atlantis Plaza.
(From the North) Take the turnpike to Lake Worth Road. Exit east on Lake Worth Road to Congress Ave. Turn right on Congress and then just past Lantana Road turn left into Atlantis Plaza.
(From the South) Take the turnpike to Boynton Beach Blvd. Exit east on Boynton Beach Blvd to Congress. Turn left (north) on Congress. Turn into Atlantis Plaza, just south of Lantana Road.
Boca Raton7035 Beracasa Way Suite 206
Boca Raton, FL 33433
Located just 3 minutes West of I-95 on the North West corner of Palmetto & Powerline.
Tamarac (Broward)5600 Hiatus Road
Tamarac, FL 33321
This Gold Coast building is located on the NE Corner of Hiatus Road and Commercial Blvd., approx. 1/8 mile East of the Sawgrass Expwy off of Commercial Blvd.
Registration for all Insurance and Construction classes are handled by the Gold Coast Professional Schools office at the Broward campus.
North Miami3577 N.E. 163rd Street
North Miami, FL 33160
Located just minutes East of the Gold Glades Interchange (I-95, 826 and the Turnpike.) Exit on 163rd street and go East. Located in the Intracoastal Mall at N.E. 35th Ave.
South Dade (Doral)11250 N.W. 20th Street
Miami, FL 33172
Because this is a new building, on a new street, you will not be able to find us on map search sites yet. Here are directions:
From the North:
Take the Florida Turnpike Extension south to NW 12th Street (exit # 27). Head east.Turn left on NW 111th Ave (just past the mall). Turn left on NW 20th Street. Building is on the left.
From the South:
Take the Florida Turnpike Extension north to NW 12th Street. Head east Turn left on NW 111th Ave (just past the mall). Turn left on NW 20th Street. Building is on the left.
From the East and Downtown Miami:
Head west on 836 to NW 107 Ave exit. Exit north on NW 107 Ave.Turn left on NW 12 St. Turn right on NW 111 Ave. Turn left on NW 20th St. Building is on left.