Gold Coast makes it easy to obtain your Florida 2-15 Life, Health and Variable Contracts insurance license and start a successful career in the insurance industry. Our state approved and industry leading course combines 36 hours of classroom education with an online component that fulfills the remaining education requirement and enables you to achieve your license quickly.
Gold Coast has been providing professional education in Florida since 1970 and used years of experience to design and develop this course for your success both in the classroom, and in your insurance career.
What is a 2-15 Life, Health and Variable Contracts Insurance license?
This is one of the most popular insurance licenses held by agents because of the numerous career opportunities that are associated with it. Companies strive to hire Gold Coast graduates because of how well trained they are, and how successful they will be.
2-15 licensees are able to sell Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Medicare Supplements, HMO, Home Health Care, Managed Care, and Long Term Care policies.
Why do students choose Gold Coast Schools?
- Your tuition is valid for one year with no retake fees
- If you need to repeat or retake the course for any reason, you are welcome to do so at no additional charge
- We offer day and weekend class schedules, as well as an industry leading online version of this course for your convenience
- Our instructors are carefully selected based upon industry experience and presentation skills making them the best in the industry
- Our low prices include our exclusive materials which are the finest available
- Our exam-prep programs help push you over the top on the state exam
The basic requirements for becoming a licensed Life Health and Variable Annuity 2-15 agent are as follows:
- Fill out a state application and submit fingerprints
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a Florida Resident and a US citizen or legal alien
- Be in good moral standing in regards to criminal background
- Complete approved education in this field
- Pass the state exam
(To verify the requirements and qualifications you can visit www.myfloridacfo.com/agents .)
Our career counselors are available to help you with any questions you may have about these requirements and can be reached at 1-800-732-9140.
Learn more about upcoming classes, including our online course, on the next tabs.
To register online, use the drop down menu in the “Schedule My Course” box to select a campus location and start date. If you have any questions, or would like to register by phone, please contact our helpful Career Counselors at 1-800-732-9140.
This 60-hour course contains 36 hours of classroom education held over 4 days, as well as online component that fulfills the remainder of the required hours. Students enrolling in the course must have access to a computer and internet in order to complete the online portion.
- Basic Program – $229 (Includes the required course and materials)
- Full Service Program – $299 (Includes the required course, materials, and the Exam Cram Prep course designed to further prepare you to pass the licensing exam)
| Life & Health
2-15 Agent: Life, Health, & Variable Contracts (Blended Course)
|One week: 4 Days | Mon-Thurs 8:00am- 6:00pm + self-paced online component|
|Doral||North Miami||Broward||Boca Raton||Lantana|
|Jun 13||May 16||May 9||May 16||Apr 25|
|Jul 25||Jul 11||Jun 6||Jun 20||Jun 20|
|Oct 17||Sep 26||Aug 15||Jul 18||Aug 22|
|Dec 12||Oct 24||Sep 19||Aug 1||Dec 12|
|Nov 28||Sep 26|
|Weekends: 2 consecutive weekends|
|Sat & Sun | 8:00am-6:00pm + self-paced online component|
|Apr 30||Sep 10||Apr 30||Sep 10||May 7||Sep24|
|Jun 4||Oct 8||Jun 4||Oct 8||Jul 16||Nov 5|
|Jul 16||Nov 5||Jul 9||Nov 5|
|Aug 6||Dec 3||Aug 6||Dec 3|
Choosing between Basic Program and Full Service:
Both course options provide you with the same great classroom based course with an online component, but the Full Service options includes a few additional study aids to help you prepare for the licensing exam.
Gold Coast “Basic Service” program
- The required State Study Manual
- The Department of Insurance approved 60-hour course with unlimited attendance for 12 months
Gold Coast “Full Service” program
- Everything included in the “Basic Service” program
- Unlimited attendance for our famous 1-Day Exam Prep course for 12 months
- Designed to put you over the top in preparing to pass the state exam.
- Our exclusive 850+ Q & A Manual proven to help students succeed
Online Life, Health, and Variable Contracts Course
Gold Coast School’s Life, Health, and Variable Contracts course can be completed at your own pace in a convenient online format. This course was carefully developed by our expert insurance instructors to maintain the same superior quality that our classroom courses are known for. Upon completion you will be fully prepared to get your license and start a successful career in the insurance industry. If you are considering taking this course online, please follow the link below to learn more about our unique course.
West Palm Beach (Lantana)6216 S. Congress Avenue
Lantana, FL 33462
Take I-95 to Lantana Road. Exit west on Lantana Road to Congress Ave. Turn left on Congress and then left into Atlantis Plaza.
(From the North) Take the turnpike to Lake Worth Road. Exit east on Lake Worth Road to Congress Ave. Turn right on Congress and then just past Lantana Road turn left into Atlantis Plaza.
(From the South) Take the turnpike to Boynton Beach Blvd. Exit east on Boynton Beach Blvd to Congress. Turn left (north) on Congress. Turn into Atlantis Plaza, just south of Lantana Road.
Boca Raton7035 Beracasa Way Suite 206
Boca Raton, FL 33433
Located just 3 minutes West of I-95 on the North West corner of Palmetto & Powerline.
Tamarac (Broward)5600 Hiatus Road
Tamarac, FL 33321
This Gold Coast building is located on the NE Corner of Hiatus Road and Commercial Blvd., approx. 1/8 mile East of the Sawgrass Expwy off of Commercial Blvd.
Registration for all Insurance and Construction classes are handled by the Gold Coast Professional Schools office at the Broward campus.
North Miami3577 N.E. 163rd Street
North Miami, FL 33160
Located just minutes East of the Gold Glades Interchange (I-95, 826 and the Turnpike.) Exit on 163rd street and go East. Located in the Intracoastal Mall at N.E. 35th Ave.
South Dade (Doral)11250 N.W. 20th Street
Miami, FL 33172
Because this is a new building, on a new street, you will not be able to find us on map search sites yet. Here are directions:
From the North:
Take the Florida Turnpike Extension south to NW 12th Street (exit # 27). Head east.Turn left on NW 111th Ave (just past the mall). Turn left on NW 20th Street. Building is on the left.
From the South:
Take the Florida Turnpike Extension north to NW 12th Street. Head east Turn left on NW 111th Ave (just past the mall). Turn left on NW 20th Street. Building is on the left.
From the East and Downtown Miami:
Head west on 836 to NW 107 Ave exit. Exit north on NW 107 Ave.Turn left on NW 12 St. Turn right on NW 111 Ave. Turn left on NW 20th St. Building is on left.