20-Hour Mortgage Loan Originator Pre-license Course:
(Includes the required 2-hour Florida SAFE Comprehensive Course)
Gold Coast is a full service mortgage business school that is here to help you get your Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) license through either classroom based or online education. As a licensed MLO, you are qualified to originate a wide variety of products thus creating numerous income opportunities.
All courses are taught by industry experienced professionals who understand what you need to know to be successful in your career. Classes are designed to combine the course material with real world applications to provide useful and relevant information in an engaging format that you will truly enjoy.
Schedule Your Course:
Gold Coast offers convenient weekday and weekend courses to meet your scheduling needs. Please contact our helpful Career Counselors at 1-800-732-9140 if you have any questions. We are happy to assist.
Course Options including Full Service and Course Only:
Please schedule your 20-hour SAFE Comprehensive Course and 2-hour required FL SAFE Comprehensive Course at the same location, during the same session.
- Full Service (All Required Courses + Exam Prep Course) – $399
- 20-hour SAFE Comprehensive Course (Required)
- 2-hour SAFE Comprehensive Course (Required for Florida)
- MLO National Exam Prep course (Optional live classroom review for passing the licensing exam)
- Courses Only (All Required Courses) – $299
- 20-hour SAFE Comprehensive Course (Required)
- 2-hour FL SAFE Comprehensive Course (Required for Florida)
|20-Hour SAFE Comprehensive Course
(includes the 2-hour Florida SAFE Comprehensive course)
|Weekend : 2 1/2 Days | Fri 1:00pm-6:00pm & Sat-Sun 9:00am-6:30pm|
|Doral||North Dade||Broward||Boca Raton||Lantana|
|Jan 26||Aug 24||Feb 16||Jan 12||Feb 16||Jan 19|
|Mar 2||Oct 5||Apr 13||Mar 9||Apr 27||Mar 2|
|Apr 6||Nov 2||Jun 22||May 25||Jun 15||Jun 8|
|Jun 1||Nov 30||Aug 10||Jul 13||Sept 21||Jul 20|
|Jul 27||Oct 12||Sept 7||Oct 26||Oct 19|
|Dec 7||Nov 16||Dec 7||Nov 30|
|Weekdays: 3 Days | Tues/Wed/Thur | 9:00am-5:00pm|
|Jan 16||Jul 17||Feb 6||Jul 31|
|Mar 13||Sept 11||Apr 3||Oct 2|
|May 8||Nov 13||Jun 12||Dec 18|
20-hour SAFE Comprehensive course #1538
2-hour Florida SAFE Comprehensive course #6750
As Florida’s leading professional licensing school, we are dedicated to helping you from start to finish. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact our helpful Career Counselors at 1-800-732-9140.
The 20-Hour MLO SAFE Comprehensive course is offered online through the Association of Mortgage Educators (NMLS ID 1400214). Students who are planning on obtaining a license in Florida must complete the 20-hour SAFE Comprehensive Course and the 2-hour Florida SAFE Comprehensive Course.
Tuition for the 20-hour package (includes both courses) is only: $299.
Important information about the online course:
- What is the format of the course? How is it delivered?
This is an instructor-led online course that is delivered through a Learning Management System (LMS). Interaction with the instructor and other students occurs via email and discussion threads within the course. There is no requirement for a webcam or to be online at a designated time for scheduled activities or discussions. You may log in whenever you want during the defined course session, but you must be active in the course from start date to end date. You must complete all course requirements within a short time, by the course end date.
- How many hours will it take me to complete the course?
The amount of time it will take to complete the course varies by student; however, for a 20-hour course, you should expect to spend at least 20 hours reading and completing the assignments during the class session. We advise that you spend, at a minimum, 90 minutes a day to ensure that you complete the course before the course end date.
- Does the course include a required textbook?
No. The main course material for each module is contained in a required reading assignment that you can save or print for note-taking and ongoing reference.
- For answers to more frequently asked questions about this course, Click Here!
Gold Coast Schools has simplified the process for becoming a Mortgage Loan Originator, previously known as a Mortgage Broker, by taking the requirements and building our program to help our students every step along the way.
Step 1: Register with the NMLS to obtain your Unique NMLS ID number. Click Here!
In order to apply you must:
- Be at least of 18 years of age
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency
Step 2: Complete the required education offered through Gold Coast Schools.
- Successfully complete the 20-hour SAFE Comprehensive course (approval #1538)
- Successfully complete the 2-hour Florida SAFE Comprehensive course (approval #6750)
- Students can not miss any hours of this course for any reason as per NMLS requirements
*Gold Coast Schools is an approved provider of the required Mortgage Loan Originator Courses. Provider number #1400204
Step 3: Successfully pass the National Test Component through the NMLS
- Applicant must score a 75% on the national exam, as mandated by the SAFE Act. Our Exam Cram, which is included in our full package tuition, is a 1-day comprehensive review designed specifically to prepare you for taking this exam.
- Remember, your tuition for this course is valid for 1 year which means you have an unlimited review of the course before you take your exam. In the event that you are not successful, you can continue to review the course for free for up to one year.
Step 4: Apply for your license
- Apply for a Loan Originator license by submitting a MU4 form through NMLS
- Login to your NMLS account and proceed to submit the MU4 application: Click Here!
- Submit Electronic Fingerprints for the required FBI and State criminal background check
- Fingerprints can be taken through Field Print ( https://nmls.fieldprint.com/ )
- Authorize a credit report
The Florida Office of Financial Regulation will not begin its review of an application until all the items listed above have been received.
West Palm Beach (Lantana)6216 S. Congress Avenue
Lantana, FL 33462
Take I-95 to Lantana Road. Exit west on Lantana Road to Congress Ave. Turn left on Congress and then left into Atlantis Plaza.
(From the North) Take the turnpike to Lake Worth Road. Exit east on Lake Worth Road to Congress Ave. Turn right on Congress and then just past Lantana Road turn left into Atlantis Plaza.
(From the South) Take the turnpike to Boynton Beach Blvd. Exit east on Boynton Beach Blvd to Congress. Turn left (north) on Congress. Turn into Atlantis Plaza, just south of Lantana Road.
Boca Raton2600 N. Military Trail
Boca Raton, FL 33431
From I-95: Exit on Palmetto Park Road and go west. Make a RIGHT onto Military Trail and continue for less than 2 miles. The location is in the Fountain Square complex located immediately after Butts Road on the right hand side.
From Turnpike: Exit on Glades Road and go EAST. Make a left on Butts Road. Follow the road around and make a left onto Military Trail. The location in the Fountain Square complex located on the right hand side.
Tamarac (Broward)5600 Hiatus Road
Tamarac, FL 33321
This Gold Coast building is located on the NE Corner of Hiatus Road and Commercial Blvd., approx. 1/8 mile East of the Sawgrass Expwy off of Commercial Blvd.
Registration for all Insurance and Construction classes are handled by the Gold Coast Professional Schools office at the Broward campus.
North Miami3577 N.E. 163rd Street
North Miami, FL 33160
Located just minutes East of the Gold Glades Interchange (I-95, 826 and the Turnpike.) Exit on 163rd street and go East. Located in the Intracoastal Mall at N.E. 35th Ave.
South Dade (Doral)11250 N.W. 20th Street
Miami, FL 33172
Because this is a new building, on a new street, you will not be able to find us on map search sites yet. Here are directions:
From the North:
Take the Florida Turnpike Extension south to NW 12th Street (exit # 27). Head east.Turn left on NW 111th Ave (just past the mall). Turn left on NW 20th Street. Building is on the left.
From the South:
Take the Florida Turnpike Extension north to NW 12th Street. Head east Turn left on NW 111th Ave (just past the mall). Turn left on NW 20th Street. Building is on the left.
From the East and Downtown Miami:
Head west on 836 to NW 107 Ave exit. Exit north on NW 107 Ave.Turn left on NW 12 St. Turn right on NW 111 Ave. Turn left on NW 20th St. Building is on left.