UCF is seeking a Plans Examiner I to be responsible for performing Building Code reviews and inspections in University facilities in compliance with The Florida Building Code. This position is designated as an Emergency Essential Personnel.
Functional Title: Plans Examiner and Inspector I (Mechanical)
Duties and Responsibilities include:
– Review construction plans and specifications for compliance with currently adopted standards related to building, mechanical, plumbing, or electrical codes in accordance with the inspector’s background, training, and certification. Prepare written reports approving or rejecting plans in accordance with the adopted codes.
– Perform on-site construction inspections to ensure compliance with adopted codes, approved plans, and specifications; coordinate corrective actions, and conduct follow-up inspections. Record inspection results and plan review comments in a permit tracking software.
– Maintain records of inspections, violations, and corrections. This position will develop a strong knowledge of campus facilities to enable a smooth and efficient plan review/inspection process.
– Periodically review spaces for general safety compliance and best practices.
– Prepare written reports approving or rejecting construction plans in accordance with the adopted codes.
– Approve the installation of materials and methods for compliance with adopted codes.
– Make decisions as to code interpretations in the area of expertise.
– Represent the department in the area of expertise to various groups, such as architects and/or engineers, contractors, or subcontractors.
– Other duties as assigned.
Type of Appointment: Regular
Expected Salary: $48,722 to Negotiable
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or Equivalent and 4+ years of relevant work experience in construction, design, or inspections of buildings as supervisor or contractor; Must possess a minimum of 1 plans examiner and 1 inspector license (2 total) or must obtain licensure as an Electrical Plans Examiner and Inspector within one year of hire
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of Mechanical Codes in relation to all aspects of general construction, mechanical systems, and maintenance practices.
Please include with your online application:
– Copies of signed affidavits from prior employers or current licensing information (affidavits are required to apply for required state licensing).
NOTE: The University requires that all applicants apply online at https://jobs.ucf.edu/en-us/job/501186/plans-examiner-i
Veteran’s Preference: Preference will be given to eligible veterans and their eligible spouses in accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes. Applicants claiming preference are responsible for providing required documentation by the closing date of the position. For more information on Veterans’ Preference, please visit http://hr.ucf.edu/files/VeteransPreference.pdf
Florida Clause: UCF’s expectation is that an employee of UCF will reside in Florida as of the date the employment begins.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Central Florida is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. UCF’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request. The UCF’s affirmative action plans for qualified individuals with disabilities and protected Veterans are available for inspection in the Office for Institutional Equity, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., upon request.
Respond to this ad:
University of Central Florida