Cable Underwriters, Inc. is looking for a Commercial Auto Underwriting Assistant to assist in the overall bind process of both new and renewal business and expedite the underwriting process by providing administrative and clerical support to the underwriters. Responsibilities include completing pre-reviews of underwriting submissions to ensure completeness and accuracy of information. Evaluating referrals based on basic underwriting guidelines and declining or recommending declination of file based on review. Following up on requests for information and entering or amending quotes as requested by underwriters. Reviewing renewal files to determine if additional information is required. Rating of the account and set up the fleet analysis tool for fleet renewals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performing pre-underwriting reviews of new and renewal business to determine completeness of submissions and if any additional information is needed for full underwriting review
• Documenting underwriting observations made during pre-reviews of files to assist underwriters is expediting the decision making process
• Declining submissions which are significantly outside of underwriting guidelines.
• Amending or updating quotes based on instructions of underwriters.
• Completing renewal pre-reviews and may approve renewal referrals within authority.
• Assisting underwriter by reviewing fleet accounts to determine if all required information is provided and request any needed additional documents.
• Reviewing inspection reports and determining if additional underwriting review is required as well as determine if changes are needed to the policy based on inspection results.
• Other Duties as requested
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
• Ability to establish relationships with internal business partners
• Ability to establish and maintain agency relationships
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability and desire to learn and effectively use computer based underwriting systems to manage workflow
• Demonstrates strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations.
• Demonstrates strong customer service skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment meeting aggressive business deadlines.
• Demonstrates professional phone etiquette and interpersonal skills.
• 1 or more years of experience as an assistant underwriter or agency CSR
• Advanced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the Policy Processing systems.
• Demonstrates ability to effectively prioritize
• Demonstrates multi-tasking abilities
• Demonstrates effective problem solving skills
In addition to a competitive wage, Cable Underwriters, Inc. offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Paid time off
• Paid Holidays
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Basic Life Insurance and Voluntary Life/ADD
• Short Term and Long Term Disability
• 401k with company match
Job Type: Full-time – $18-$24/hour
Cable Underwriters, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace
Respond to this ad: