Assistant Property Manager
The Liberty Group
For 40 years, The Liberty Group has been a trusted adviser to America’s foremost Real Estate companies and advanced the careers of people in the industry from the country’s top corporate executives to on-site personnel. Companies across the nation have achieved new successes by utilizing the quality and talent our candidates bring to the table
We are immediately hiring for an Experienced Assistant Property Manager to start ASAP.
Job Responsibilities of an Assistant Property Manager:
• Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
• Must be familiar with apartment / multi-family leasing and Fair Housing.
• Apartment software experience is a bonus (AMSI, Yardi, Rent Roll, OneSite, eSite, etc.).
• Bilingual Assistant Managers are always in high demand.
• Luxury property, lease-up, rehab, and tax credit experience are a plus as well!
• Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
• Understand the Apartment Association lease and contracted credit report application.
• Accept rental payments and post rents to the computer.
• Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Record monies collected and prepare bank deposit slips on an on-going basis.
• Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases using specialized accounting software.
• Ensure that all proper and legal documents are received, current, accurately verified, and entered into the computer from new vendors, prior to payment being processed.
• Communicate with Property Managers regarding accuracy of invoices received, purchase orders are attached, and invoices are coded correctly, according to company procedures.
• Ensure that all invoices received from the properties are approved, entered, and paid within a timely manner.
• Access computerized financial information to resolve vendor and payment disputes.
• Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes, as well as, prepare statement of accounting notices for past residents.
• Prepare, review, and close financial books for assigned properties on a monthly basis.
• Prepare and review quarterly and year end reports.
• Provide accounting support to Property Managers.
• Assist in lease transactions by typing leases, gathering applicant’s history, and credit approvals.
• Maintain accurate monthly commission sheets on leases, renewals, and delinquencies for bonus purposes.
• The Assistant Property Manager will assume Property Manager’s duties/authority in absence of immediate supervisor in accordance with company and community guidelines.
Job Requirements of the Assistant Property Manager:
• 6 months of multi-family industry experience
• Be able to submit to drug screens upon request
• Pass an extensive background check