Property management company based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida is seeking a mid/senior level accountant for our real estate group and its growing operations. The Company owns and manages affordable and market rate apartment communities located throughout Florida and Georgia.
The successful candidate for this position will have hands on experience with Affordable Residential Property Management Accounting and a thorough In-depth working knowledge of Yardi software. The experience should include maintaining and understanding all aspects of the financial statements, maintaining the general ledger, performing bank statement reconciliations, and reviewing the budgets, balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement for accuracy, reading & understanding tenant ledgers & move out process and month-end close duties including a review/posting of accruals.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Assist with preparation of financial statements, including current monthly, quarterly, and year-to-date variances including creating and posting entries, general ledger review and completion of back-up schedules.
• Analyze and research monthly budget variances and cash flow requirements
• Cash Management initiatives.
• Monitoring of cash flow for each property and cost control /expenses to achieve budgeted NOI
• Coordinate with mortgage companies on issues involving mortgage payment, tax and insurance escrows, replacement reserve accounts, etc.
• Assist Controller and CFO with all aspects for financing, funding, re-structures, securing new mortgages, refinancing, etc.
• Assist with preparation of year-end work paper packages for audits and tax returns to be provided to outside CPAs. Works closely with CPA to insure timely and accurate completion of returns.
• Answer questions on monthly financials statements.
• Processing AP/AR including reviewing accounts payable batches for proper coding and approvals, priority of payments, supporting documents, etc. Post reviewed and approved Accounts Payable (AP) batches.
• Suggest appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes ensuring that practices are in-line with the overall goals of the organization.
• Assisting in month-end closing duties
• Prepares 1099’s.
• Accurately record income, expenses and changes in assets and liabilities on monthly basis.
• Assist property manager in annual budget process with Asset and Property Managers.
• Assist property management with quarterly forecasts for assigned properties.
• Read and understand the partnership agreements, the property management agreements and any loan documents related to the portfolio.
• Assist with Check request processing as needed.
• Develop a positive relationship with all portfolio vendors and staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance w/5+ year’s property management accounting and finance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• In-depth working knowledge of YARDI required
• Knowledge with Excel, Word, Outlook
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be a team player and enjoy working in a fast-paced multicultural environment.
• Health Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Supplemental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• PTO – Personal – Vacation
Benefits are eligible after an introductory probationary period.
Please submit a resume with credentials and references.
Respond to this ad:
Creative Choice Homes