Florida Home Inspector Online Pre-license Course
This online course is meant to meet the initial licensure education requirement for Florida home inspectors as cited in F.S. 468.8313 and F.A.C 61-30.102.
The Principles of Home Inspection – Initial Training course provides the most thorough distance training for home inspection available. This 120 hour presentation is designed to introduce and/or reinforce a Home Inspection Professional’s understanding of:
- A building’s components and systems
- Proper inspection procedures & methods
- Acceptable component test protocols
- Life expectancies of components
- A review of various reporting terminologies and vernaculars
- Forms to be used for a professional home inspection report.
Principles of Home Inspection is based on years of practical experience in both inspecting homes and training inspectors. The course teaches a step-by-step approach to inspection for each house system:
- Surveying problems
- Explaining the practical implications of the problems
- Providing inspection strategies
Course details and licensing requirements:
- Complete the 14 learning units contained within the course
- There are progress checks after each segment to guide your learning and understanding of the material
- There is NO final exam at the end of the course
- There are no additional materials needed or required.
- You have the option to purchase a non-mandatory course book filled with valuable information to go along with the course
- Upon course completion, you must pass a state approved Home Inspector exam.
- Upon completing the course and passing the exam, you can then apply for licensure with the DBPR
Provider Name: Gold Coast School of Construction Inc.
Name of Course: Principles of Home Inspection- Initial Training
DBPR Provider #: 0000983
Course Approval #: 0000885
West Palm Beach (Lantana)6216 S. Congress Avenue
Lantana, FL 33462
Take I-95 to Lantana Road. Exit west on Lantana Road to Congress Ave. Turn left on Congress and then left into Atlantis Plaza.
(From the North) Take the turnpike to Lake Worth Road. Exit east on Lake Worth Road to Congress Ave. Turn right on Congress and then just past Lantana Road turn left into Atlantis Plaza.
(From the South) Take the turnpike to Boynton Beach Blvd. Exit east on Boynton Beach Blvd to Congress. Turn left (north) on Congress. Turn into Atlantis Plaza, just south of Lantana Road.
Boca Raton7035 Beracasa Way Suite 206
Boca Raton, FL 33433
Located just 3 minutes West of I-95 on the North West corner of Palmetto & Powerline.
Tamarac (Broward)5600 Hiatus Road
Tamarac, FL 33321
This Gold Coast building is located on the NE Corner of Hiatus Road and Commercial Blvd., approx. 1/8 mile East of the Sawgrass Expwy off of Commercial Blvd.
Registration for all Insurance and Construction classes are handled by the Gold Coast Professional Schools office at the Broward campus.
North Miami3577 N.E. 163rd Street
North Miami, FL 33160
Located just minutes East of the Gold Glades Interchange (I-95, 826 and the Turnpike.) Exit on 163rd street and go East. Located in the Intracoastal Mall at N.E. 35th Ave.
South Dade (Doral)11250 N.W. 20th Street
Miami, FL 33172
Because this is a new building, on a new street, you will not be able to find us on map search sites yet. Here are directions:
From the North:
Take the Florida Turnpike Extension south to NW 12th Street (exit # 27). Head east.Turn left on NW 111th Ave (just past the mall). Turn left on NW 20th Street. Building is on the left.
From the South:
Take the Florida Turnpike Extension north to NW 12th Street. Head east Turn left on NW 111th Ave (just past the mall). Turn left on NW 20th Street. Building is on the left.
From the East and Downtown Miami:
Head west on 836 to NW 107 Ave exit. Exit north on NW 107 Ave.Turn left on NW 12 St. Turn right on NW 111 Ave. Turn left on NW 20th St. Building is on left.