Know Your Contracting Law (1 hour)
This self-paced, 1-hour course is designed to help the practicing construction professional (including building code administrators, building inspectors, architects, and interior designers) to understand the more important Florida contracting laws, such as F.S. 489 and F.A.C. 61G4. This course meets the 1-hour Laws and Rules CE requirement necessary for CILB licensees for license renewal.
Once you have completed this course, you will have a more thorough understanding of the Florida laws and how they apply to your contracting business. The following topics are included:
- Florida Legislature Updates (House and Senate Bills from the latest legislative sessions and the Florida statutes and rules)
- Contracting Law (definitions, unlicensed contracting, business organizations, recovery fund, probable cause panel, and penalty ranges)
This course has been approved for credit by the following boards:
- BCAIB: (GEN, by Reciprocity)
- CILB: #0610064 (L&R)
- ECLB: #0800937 (B)
- FBAID: #AR.05 9878261 (H/S/W); part of a 24-hr CE requirement
- FBPE: #0003342 (AOP)
- Miami-Dade: #D022-083 (L&R)
- Home Inspectors: No credit
- Mold Related Services: No credit
Course Completion and Reporting: Upon successfully completing this course you will be able to print the hard copy completion certificate for your records. For state-certified licensees, Gold Coast will electronically report your completed CE hours to the DBPR and the appropriate boards for you.
Course Expiry: This online course expires two years from the date of purchase. However, your completion certificates will remain indefinitely.
System Requirements: Our courses are designed to run on most computers and mobile devices. If you have trouble with a course, our technical support team is ready and willing to assist. To view system requirements, Click Here!
For complete packages containing all the required renewal courses click: View Complete CE Packages!
DBPR Provider: #0000983
View Course Approvals: Click Here!