Interested in becoming a Community Association Manager (CAM)? Gold Coast is South Florida’s established leader in CAM Pre-license, exam preparation, and continuing education courses. Our highly successful CAM program has helped thousands of South Florida students pass their exam and become successful Community Association Managers.
Gold Coast’s Pre-License course includes:
- Two days of exciting and informative classroom instruction
- Free unlimited review for up to one year
- We don’t believe in charging you retake fees if you need further review
- Our exclusive copyrighted course manual “Master The CAM-EXAM”
- Numerous “Exam-Type” practice questions and tests
- All courses are taught by licensed Community Association Managers
By nature, Florida is an attractive place for people to purchase/rent properties including condominiums, apartments, and homes where a community association is present. This opens up many market opportunities for licensed CAM’s to generate substantial income.
The Board of Directors of a community association has the obligation to maintain, manage, and operate the community to serve its residents. Often, though not required by law, the Board of Directors hires a CAM, who must be licensed by the state, to carry out these tasks.
* Many Real Estate licensees and appraisers are generating additional income by getting their CAM license.
To register online, use the drop down menu in the “Schedule My Course” box to select a campus location and start date. If you have any questions or would like to register by phone, please contact our helpful Career Counselors at 1-800-732-9140.
“Basic” Course Tuition: $299
“Full Service” Tuition (includes our $99 CRAM review course for only $50): $349
Below you will find locations and dates for the Saturday-Sunday as well as the Tuesday-Wednesday formats of this course
|18-Hour Pre-Licensing Course|
|Sat & Sun | 9:00am- 6:00pm|
|Jan 16||Jul 9||Jan 23||July 16||Jan 9||Jan 30||Jul 23|
|Feb 13||Aug 13||Feb 6||Aug 20||Mar 5||Feb 20||Aug 27|
|Mar 5||Sep 10||Mar 12||Sept 17||Jun 11||Mar 19||Sep 24|
|Apr 9||Oct 8||Apr 2||Oct 22||Jul 30||Apr 16||Oct 15|
|May 14||Nov 5||May 7||Nov 12||Oct 1||May 21||Nov 5|
|Jun 4||Dec 3||Jun 18||Dec 10||Nov 19||Jun 25||Dec 17|
|Tues & Wed | 9:00am- 6:00pm|
|Apr 26||Aug 23||Jan 5||Apr 19||Jul 5||Oct 18|
|Jun 21||Oct 25||Feb 9||May 10||Aug 9||Nov 29|
|Mar 8||Jun 7||Sep 13||Dec 13|
Your CAM career starts here, let Gold Coast be a part of your new direction.
There are several common questions associated with CAM License requirements. These are addressed below:
How do I get a CAM license?
- Applicants must be 18 years of age
- Must have good moral character (as defined by state law)
- Complete 18 hours of Pre-License education (Gold Coast’s CAM Pre licensing course fulfills this)
- Pass the state exam
- Pass a criminal background check and submit electronic fingerprints
Who is required to get a CAM license?
- Anyone who performs “management services” for a residential community association with more than 10 units or an annual budget, or budgets of more than $100,000, and is doing so for compensation.
- Managements services performed include controlling or disbursing funds, preparing budgets or conducting meetings, coordinating maintenance, and other day-to-day services involved with the operation of a community association.
Who does NOT need a CAM license?
- A person who performs clerical or maintenance functions under the direct supervision and control of a licensed manager and who does not assist in providing any management services.
- A person performing these services without compensation, such as a board member or officer.
- If you are performing any management functions for non-residential properties.
If you have any further questions regarding CAM information and requirements, feel free to contact our Career Counselors at 1-800-732-9140.
West Palm Beach (Lantana)6216 S. Congress Avenue
Lantana, FL 33462
Take I-95 to Lantana Road. Exit west on Lantana Road to Congress Ave. Turn left on Congress and then left into Atlantis Plaza.
(From the North) Take the turnpike to Lake Worth Road. Exit east on Lake Worth Road to Congress Ave. Turn right on Congress and then just past Lantana Road turn left into Atlantis Plaza.
(From the South) Take the turnpike to Boynton Beach Blvd. Exit east on Boynton Beach Blvd to Congress. Turn left (north) on Congress. Turn into Atlantis Plaza, just south of Lantana Road.
Boca Raton7035 Beracasa Way Suite 206
Boca Raton, FL 33433
Located just 3 minutes West of I-95 on the North West corner of Palmetto & Powerline.
Tamarac (Broward)5600 Hiatus Road
Tamarac, FL 33321
This Gold Coast building is located on the NE Corner of Hiatus Road and Commercial Blvd., approx. 1/8 mile East of the Sawgrass Expwy off of Commercial Blvd.
Registration for all Insurance and Construction classes are handled by the Gold Coast Professional Schools office at the Broward campus.
North Miami3577 N.E. 163rd Street
North Miami, FL 33160
Located just minutes East of the Gold Glades Interchange (I-95, 826 and the Turnpike.) Exit on 163rd street and go East. Located in the Intracoastal Mall at N.E. 35th Ave.
South Dade (Doral)11250 N.W. 20th Street
Miami, FL 33172
Because this is a new building, on a new street, you will not be able to find us on map search sites yet. Here are directions:
From the North:
Take the Florida Turnpike Extension south to NW 12th Street (exit # 27). Head east.Turn left on NW 111th Ave (just past the mall). Turn left on NW 20th Street. Building is on the left.
From the South:
Take the Florida Turnpike Extension north to NW 12th Street. Head east Turn left on NW 111th Ave (just past the mall). Turn left on NW 20th Street. Building is on the left.
From the East and Downtown Miami:
Head west on 836 to NW 107 Ave exit. Exit north on NW 107 Ave.Turn left on NW 12 St. Turn right on NW 111 Ave. Turn left on NW 20th St. Building is on left.