CILB Continuing Education Requirements :
The CILB requires 14 hours of board-approved continuing education each biennium prior to the renewal deadline for both certified and registered contractors. The 2-year renewal cycle ends on August 31st of EVEN numbered years. This 14-hour package meets the CILB’s mandatory 6 hours and provides an addition 8 hours of general credit.
This online CILB 14-hour package includes the following online courses:
- Principles of Florida Statutes and Rules (2-Hrs)
- Ethics for the Construction Professional (1-Hr)
- 7th Edition – Advanced FL Accessibility Code Overview (1-Hr)
- Swimming Pool Electrical Safety (1-Hr)
- Know Your Building Code Internet Format (3-Hrs)
- Workers’ Comp Overview (1-Hr)
- OSHA Safety Basics (1-Hr)
- Successful Business Practices (1-Hr)
- Wind Mitigation: Strengthening the Roofing System (1-Hr)
- Advanced Training – 7th Edition FL Energy Conservation (2-Hrs)
Course Expiry: You will have access to the online courses for 1 year giving you plenty of time to complete them at your own pace, and your completion certificates will always be available to you.
Holders of multiple certificates or licenses:
A person who holds more than one certificate or registration (license) issued by this board or a county board is required to complete their continuing education requirements only once during each biennial renewal period. For example, a general contractor holding a roofing license need only take 14 hours of CE for both licenses.
Our 14 hour CILB/Contractor CE package includes all 6 mandatory course hours as required by the construction board. Additionally, most courses have been approved by other boards as well and meet their requirements. If you hold multiple licenses you may be able to receive CE credits from more than one board while only taking one CE course.
System Requirements: Our courses are designed to run on most computers and mobile devices. If you have trouble with a course, our technical support team is ready and willing to assist. To view system requirements, Click Here!
Looking to take Individual CE Courses online and don’t need a package? Learn More