Home Inspector – Initial License by Examination (HI 0401)
This application is used by individuals who have taken and passed the National Home Inspector Examination (NHIE) given by the Examination Board of Professional Home Inspectors (EBPHI).
- EXAMINATION: Individuals seeking licensure as a Home Inspector must first take and pass the National Home Inspector Examination (NHIE).
Department Approved Home Inspector Examinations
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: The applicant must demonstrate proof of completing a course of study approved by the department of not less than 120 hours that covers the 8 components of a home and has passed the examination required by the department. This is not a complete listing of educational and experience requirements. Please see the application instructions page for complete information.
- FINGERPRINTS: An applicant must have a background check as part of the licensing process.
- INSURANCE: Applicants are required to attest that they have obtained commercial general liability insurance in the amount of $300,000.
- FEE: Pay the required fee as provided in the application, payable to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- APPLICATION: Complete the application by visiting the DBPR application website.