FBAID- Florida Architect & Interior Design Online Continuing Education
This self-paced, 24-hour online CE package meets all the FBAID CE renewal requirements specified by Rule 61G1-24 F.A.C. The required 24 hours includes 22 hours in health, safety, and welfare related courses and 2 hours of a Florida Building Code advanced course.
Gold Coast specializes in making it easy for contractors to renew and keep their licenses active. If you have any questions, please contact our helpful Career Counselors at 1-800-732-9140. We are happy to assist.
Why contractors trust Gold Coast Schools:
- Our state approved online courses are designed to be simple and easy to complete
- Upon course completion you will immediately receive a pass slip for your records
- Our staff electronically reports your hours to the DBPR and appropriate boards for you
- You have the full support of our instructors, staff, and online technical support team
We take the frustration out of renewing your license. Since 1970, more students have trusted Gold Coast Schools for obtaining and renewing their professional licenses than any other school in Florida. We look forward to helping you do the same!
This 24-hour Architect’s online CE package includes the following online courses:
- (2 hours) Advanced Training – Florida Accessibility Code Updates (ADV or AOA)
- (1 hour) Successful Business Practices (BSP)
- (1 hour) Worker’s Comp Overview (WC)
- (1 hour) OSHA Safety Basics (WPS)
- (2 hours) Ethics in the Construction Industry (Ethics Training)
- (3 hours) Green Buildings & the Construction Professional
- (4 hours) FBC 6th Edition: Overview & Updates
- (6 hours) Professional Home Inspection Overview (Home Inspection mandatory hours)
- (2 hours) Hurricane Wind Mitigation Training (WMM for CILB and Home Inspection)
- (2 hours) Principles of Florida Statutes and Rules (L&R for CILB & BCAIB)
Upon successful completion of each online CE course in this package, you will be able to print the hard copy completion certificate for that course to keep for your records. For State Certified licensees, we will electronically report the completed CE hours to the DBPR and the appropriate board(s) for you.
In addition to meeting the FBAID CE renewal requirements, this package also meets the following licensing board requirements:
- CILB 14-hour CE
- BCAIB 14-hour CE
- ECLB 14-hour CE*
- Home Inspection 14-hour CE
*Note: For ECLB licensees, an additional 1 hour of ECLB Laws & Rules and 2 hours of False Alarm Prevention are also required, which is available for purchase separately.
Regarding the AIA transcripts and CE credit with the AIA:
While our courses have been approved by the FBAID and other various boards associated with the Florida Department of Professional Regulation (DBPR), we are not associated with nor approved as a CE provider for the American Institute of Architects (AIA). We cannot submit any courses for credit with the AIA. Previously the AIA allowed Architects to print off a copy of the course completion certificate from a non-AIA provider and “self-report” the hours. Since 2014 this is no longer an option and the AIA Board no longer accepts Optional Self-Directed studies from non-AIA providers for CE credit.
Course Expiry: You will have access to the online courses for 2 years giving you plenty of time to complete them at your own pace, and your completion certificates will always be available to you.
System Requirements: Our courses are designed to run on most computers and mobile devices. If you have trouble with a course, our technical support team is ready and willing to assist. To view system requirements, Click Here!
DBPR Provider: #0000983
View Course Approvals: Click Here!