It is important to remember that if you hold a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) license, the SAFE Act requires you to renew your license each year before December 31st in order to keep your license active. We strongly recommend that you complete your required continuing education well in advance of the renewal deadline to avoid the risk of failing to complete your entire renewal before it is too late. Gold Coast staff is here to answer any questions that you may have about fulfilling your license renewal requirement and can be reached by calling 1-800-732-9140.
How to complete your continuing education:
- Classroom courses – Gold Coast offers the NMLS approved 8-hour classroom continuing education course at all 5 South Florida locations in Doral, North Miami, Tamarac, Boca Raton, and Lantana. Students enjoy the classroom course taught by our engaging and knowledgeable instructors who combine the information with relevant examples to keep MLOs up to date on what is going on in the industry. To view a list of upcoming classes, Click Here!
- Online courses– The 8-hour continuing education course can be completed online making it convenient for anyone with a busy schedule. The 8-hour online mortgage continuing education course is offered through the Association of Mortgage Educators (NMLS ID 1400214) and meets the SAFE act requirements for Florida Mortgage Loan Originators (MLOs). The most important thing to note about online continuing education is that you should complete the course well before the December 31st deadline. There is no grace period for failing to complete the education on time. No exceptions will be made for any reason, include technical reasons. Learn more about Online Continuing Education.
Gold Coast courses meet the NMLS requirements by covering the following topics:
- 3 hours of federal law and regulations
- 2 hours of ethics that includes instruction on fraud, consumer protection, and fair lending issues
- 2 hours of training related to lending standards for the nontraditional mortgage product market
- 1 hour of elective
If you have any questions about renewing your Mortgage Loan Originator license, contact a helpful Gold Coast Schools Career Counselor at 1-800-732-9140.