CILB Contractor Online Continuing Education
This continuing education package contains all of the required courses needed to renew the following Florida contractor licenses:
- General Contractor (GC)
- Building Contractor (BC)
- Residential Contractor (RC)
- Roofing Contractor
- Air Conditioning (A/C)
- Plumbing Contractor
If you are an Electrical Contractor, click here! for your ECLB continuing education courses.
*Swimming Pool Contractors must complete this 14-hour CE package as well as a 1-hour electrical safety course found here: Learn more
Gold Coast specializes in making it easy for contractors to renew and keep their licenses active. If you have any questions, please contact our helpful Career Counselors at 1-800-732-9140. We are happy to assist.
Why contractors trust Gold Coast Schools:
- Our state approved online courses are designed to be simple and easy to complete
- Upon course completion you will immediately receive a pass slip for your records
- Our staff electronically reports your hours to the DBPR and appropriate boards for you
- You have the full support of our instructors, staff, and online technical support team
We take the frustration out of renewing your license. Since 1970, more students have trusted Gold Coast Schools for obtaining and renewing their professional licenses than any other school in Florida. We look forward to helping you do the same!
Gold Coast also offers classroom based continuing education courses. To learn more click: Classroom CE!
CILB Continuing Education Requirements :
The CILB requires 14 hours of board-approved continuing education each biennium prior to the renewal deadline for both certified and registered contractors. The 2-year renewal cycle ends on August 31st of EVEN numbered years. This 14-hour package meets the CILB’s mandatory 6 hours and provides an addition 8 hours of general credit.
This online CILB 14-hour package includes the following online courses:
- (2 hours) Advanced Training – Florida Accessibility Code Updates (1 hr ADV + 1 hr Gen)
- (3 hours) Know Your Building Code (Gen)
- (1 hour) Wind Mitigation – Strengthening the Roofing System (WMM)
- (2 hours) Principles of Florida Statutes and Rules (1 hr L&R + 1 hr Gen)
- (1 hour) Successful Business Practices (BSP)
- (1 hour) Workers’ Comp Overview (WC)
- (1 hour) OSHA Safety Basics (WPS)
- (3 hours) Green Buildings & the Construction Professional (Gen)
Course Expiry: You will have access to the online courses for 2 years giving you plenty of time to complete them at your own pace, and your completion certificates will always be available to you.
Holders of multiple certificates or licenses:
A person who holds more than one certificate or registration (license) issued by this board or a county board is required to complete their continuing education requirements only once during each biennial renewal period. For example, a general contractor holding a roofing license need only take 14 hours of CE for both licenses.
Our 14 hour CILB/Contractor CE package includes all 6 mandatory course hours as required by the construction board. Additionally, most courses have been approved by other boards as well and meet their requirements. If you hold multiple licenses you may be able to receive CE credits from more than one board while only taking one CE course.
NOTE: BCAI Licensees (Building Inspector, Plans Examiner, Building Official), this 14 hour CILB package does not contain the required 1 hour Ethics Training. If you hold a BCAI license in addition to your CILB contractor’s license please return to the main home page and select the BCAIB course package button. The 14 hour BCAIB CE package includes the required Ethics Training for the BCAI renewal and will meet the CE requirements of BOTH the CILB & BCAIB in one 14-hour package.
System Requirements: Our courses are designed to run on most computers and mobile devices. If you have trouble with a course, our technical support team is ready and willing to assist. To view system requirements, Click Here!
DBPR Provider: #0000983
View Course Approvals: Click Here!