ECLB Electrical Contractor Online Continuing Education
Our 14 hour ECLB/ Inspector CE package simplifies renewing your license by including ALL the mandatory course hours for electrical contractors and alarm contractors as required by the Electrical Contractors board. These courses are all state approved, up-to-date, and designed to take the stress out of renewing your license. If you hold multiple licenses you may be able to receive CE credits from more than one board.
Contact our helpful Career Counselors at 1-800-732-9140 with any questions that you may have. We are happy to assist.
Complete Renewal Package: $119.00
Attention Miami Dade Contractors: Click Here! for details related to renewing your license.
Gold Coast specializes in making it easy for contractors to renew and keep their licenses active.
Why contractors trust Gold Coast Schools:
- Our online courses are state approved and are easy to complete
- We provide you with a pass slip to keep for your records immediately after each course
- Your hours will automatically be reported to the state board quickly and at no additional charge
- Courses are fully supported by staff, instructors, and an online technical support team
Since 1970, more students have trusted Gold Coast Schools for obtaining and renewing their professional licenses than any other school in Florida. We look forward to helping you do the same!
Gold Coast also offers classroom based continuing education courses. To learn more click: Classroom CE!
Electrical Contractor Continuing Education Requirements :
14 hours of board approved continuing education is required every 2 years prior to the renewal period for both certified and registered contractors. The 2 year renewal cycle ends August 31st of EVEN numbered years (ex: 2018, 2020, etc).
This online ECLB Electrical Contractor 14-hour package includes the following online courses:
- Laws & Rules Relating to Electrical Contracting: 1 hr (Laws & Rules – ECLB approval only)
- Advanced Training – Florida Accessibility Code Overview: 1 hr (ADVANCED)
- Core B-Required Curriculum: 3hr (1hr W/S, 1hr W/C, 1hr B/P), including Successful Business Practices (1 hr), Workers’ Comp Overview (1 hr), and Workplace Safety: OSHA Safety Basics (1 hr)
- Green Buildings & the Construction Professional: 3 hr (Technical)
- Florida Building Code: Overview & Updates: 4 hr (Technical)
- False Alarm Prevention : 2 hrs (FAP) for alarm contractors; 2 hrs (GEN – ECLB approval only) for all other electrical contractors
Course Expiry: You will have access to the online courses for 2 years giving you plenty of time to complete them at your own pace, and your completion certificates will always be available to you.
Holders of multiple certificates or licenses:
A person who holds more than one certificate or registration (license) issued by this board or a county board is required to complete their continuing education requirements only once during each biennial renewal period. For example, a general contractor holding a roofing license need only take 14 hours of CE for both licenses.
Our 14 hour CILB/Contractor CE package includes all 6 mandatory course hours as required by the construction board. Additionally, most courses have been approved by other boards as well and meet their requirements. If you hold multiple licenses you may be able to receive CE credits from more than one board while only taking one CE course.
NOTE: BCAI Licensees (Building Inspector, Plans Examiner, Building Official), this 14 hour CILB package does not contain the required 1 hour Ethics Training. If you hold a BCAI license in addition to your CILB contractor’s license please return to the main home page and select the BCAIB course package button. The 14 hour BCAIB CE package includes the required Ethics Training for the BCAI renewal and will meet the CE requirements of BOTH the CILB & BCAIB in one 14-hour package.
System Requirements: Our courses are designed to run on most computers and mobile devices. If you have trouble with a course, our technical support team is ready and willing to assist. To view system requirements, Click Here!
DBPR Provider: #0000983
View Course Approvals: Click Here!