• Inspect and determine market value for all types of property by utilizing the three approaches to value.
• Inspect, measure and list physical building characteristics, including quality of workmanship and materials.
• Ensure all parcels are inspected within the assigned inspection cycle; including permits and new construction.
• Assist the department as needed in order to meet any and all deadlines.
• Accurately record data, sketch and complete building cards for all improvements; update real application.
• Draw scale plans of buildings using current office software.
• Analyze sales and market data.
• Accurately record data on field record forms, including mobile tablet.
• Respond to inquiries from public regarding appraisal assessment and procedures.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and the general public.
• Perform detailed inspections of real property, including photographs to gather and document all necessary characteristics to determine value.
• Complete building cards and update records to accurately reflect a property’s improvements.
• Interview owners, building managers, agents and tenants to determine interior improvement data.
• Determine changes in improvements due to new construction, demolitions, additions and maintenance permits.
• Correctly identify discrepancies between the property’s description and actual size.
• Analyze sales and properties in preparation of the tax roll.
• Explain assessment criteria to property owners and / or their agents. Answer questions related to property values, appraisal techniques and statutory provisions regarding property values.
• Perform routine clerical tasks
Respond to this ad:
BROWARD COUNTY PROPERTY APPRAISER