Are you looking to obtain your 2-20 General Lines insurance license by qualifying using existing insurance experience? This 40-hour conversion course allows seasoned employees of a P&C insurance agency who meet the following license requirements to qualify for a 2-20 license without having to complete the full 200 hours of education normally associated with the 2-20 General Lines license.
Eligibility requirements for the 2-20 conversion course:
- The applicant must have completed 1 year in responsible insurance duties as a substantially full-time bona fide employee in all lines of property, casualty, surety, health, and marine insurance.
- The applicant must have completed at least 1 year of responsible insurance duties as a licensed and appointed Customer Representative, Service Representative, or Personal Lines agent.
- The applicant must complete 40 hours of coursework approved by the department covering the areas of property, casualty, surety, health, and marine insurance.
- The applicant shall submit with the license application an attestation of his or her employment setting forth the period of such employment, and giving a brief abstract of the nature of the duties performed.
- Pass the state licensing exam.
- This course is designed to full prepare you for passing the state exam and obtaining your 2-20 General Lines license.
If you meet these requirements, Gold Coast’s 40-hour conversion course is perfect for helping you obtain your 2-20 General Lines lines in the most efficient manner.
To register online, use the drop down menu in the “Schedule My Course” box to select a campus location and start date. If you have any questions or would like to register by phone, please contact our helpful Career Counselors at 1-800-732-9140.
|40-hr (2-20) General Lines Conversion Course|
|1 week | Mon- Fri 9:00am-6:00pm|
|Feb 27||Jan 9||Apr 17|
|May 15||Apr 3||Jul 17|
|Aug 7||Jun 26||Dec 5|
|Oct 23||Sep 11|
West Palm Beach (Lantana)6216 S. Congress Avenue
Lantana, FL 33462
Take I-95 to Lantana Road. Exit west on Lantana Road to Congress Ave. Turn left on Congress and then left into Atlantis Plaza.
(From the North) Take the turnpike to Lake Worth Road. Exit east on Lake Worth Road to Congress Ave. Turn right on Congress and then just past Lantana Road turn left into Atlantis Plaza.
(From the South) Take the turnpike to Boynton Beach Blvd. Exit east on Boynton Beach Blvd to Congress. Turn left (north) on Congress. Turn into Atlantis Plaza, just south of Lantana Road.
Boca Raton7035 Beracasa Way Suite 206
Boca Raton, FL 33433
Located just 3 minutes West of I-95 on the North West corner of Palmetto & Powerline.
Tamarac (Broward)5600 Hiatus Road
Tamarac, FL 33321
This Gold Coast building is located on the NE Corner of Hiatus Road and Commercial Blvd., approx. 1/8 mile East of the Sawgrass Expwy off of Commercial Blvd.
Registration for all Insurance and Construction classes are handled by the Gold Coast Professional Schools office at the Broward campus.
North Miami3577 N.E. 163rd Street
North Miami, FL 33160
Located just minutes East of the Gold Glades Interchange (I-95, 826 and the Turnpike.) Exit on 163rd street and go East. Located in the Intracoastal Mall at N.E. 35th Ave.
South Dade (Doral)11250 N.W. 20th Street
Miami, FL 33172
Because this is a new building, on a new street, you will not be able to find us on map search sites yet. Here are directions:
From the North:
Take the Florida Turnpike Extension south to NW 12th Street (exit # 27). Head east.Turn left on NW 111th Ave (just past the mall). Turn left on NW 20th Street. Building is on the left.
From the South:
Take the Florida Turnpike Extension north to NW 12th Street. Head east Turn left on NW 111th Ave (just past the mall). Turn left on NW 20th Street. Building is on the left.
From the East and Downtown Miami:
Head west on 836 to NW 107 Ave exit. Exit north on NW 107 Ave.Turn left on NW 12 St. Turn right on NW 111 Ave. Turn left on NW 20th St. Building is on left.