Gold Coast Schools offers the finest insurance licensing programs available in Florida. The correct choice of a school is the first important decision for those entering the insurance field. It is very important to note that all schools are not created equally.
We invite you to make an honest comparison and see why Gold Coast is by far the best choice:
- Enrollments are good for up to one year with no retake fees
- We don’t believe in charging you retake fees to review or retake the class during this time
- We offer day, evening, and weekend classes for your convenience
- Our instructors are carefully selected based upon industry experience and presentation skills making them the best in the industry
- Our modular scheduling allows you to begin most classes immediately
- Our continuous scheduling allows for easy makeup and review of missed classes
- Our exam-cram programs help push you over the top on the state exam
- We have 5 permanent South Florida locations
By reading the information provided on the next few pages, you will learn everything you need to know about how to become a Property and Casualty General Lines “2-20 Agent.”
By becoming a General Lines 2-20 agent you are able to sell the following forms of insurance:
- Personal Auto
- Mechanical Breakdown
- Homeowners/ Dwelling, etc.
- Commercial Auto
- Property- Commercial
- General Liability
- Commercial Packages
- Worker’s Comp
- Marine- Commercial/ Ocean
- Aviation Boiler and Machinery
All insurance classes are offered in conjunction with Professional Agents, Brokers and Companies Association, Inc. Approved Entity #753
Becoming a General Lines 2-20 agent entails taking the 200-hour course which we offer in various formats. Compare Gold Coast’s Property and Casualty course to the competition and you will find that our NO MINIMUM CLASS SIZES for our evening and weekend courses, tuition that is valid for 12 months, and complimentary “Super-Cram” exam-prep with exclusive materials is the reason that so many students choose Gold Coast for their Insurance licensing courses.
Course listing information:
- Weekends: Saturday and Sunday – 9:00am-5:00pm (approx. 12-14 weeks) at our Doral campus.
- Evenings: Mon/Wed/Thur – 6:30pm-10:00pm (approx. 18-22 weeks) at our Broward campus.
- Days: Mon-Fri – 9:00am-6:00pm (5 weeks) at our Broward, Doral and Lantana campus.
Ask about our “mix and match” scheduling which enables you to attend classes in more than one format and complete the curriculum even faster. Call our Career Counselors at 1-800-732-9140.
To register online, use the drop down menu in the “Schedule My Course” box to select a campus location and start date. If you have any questions or would like to register by phone, please contact our helpful Career Counselors at 1-800-732-9140.
| Property & Casualty
200- Hour General Lines Agent 2-20 Qualification
|Weekends (approx. 11-13 weeks)
Sat & Sun 9:00am-5:00pm
|Evenings (approx. 14-16 weeks)
Mon/Wed/Thur 6:30pm- 10:00pm
|Jan 6||Jul 7||Jan 8||Jul 9|
|Feb 3||Aug 4||Feb 5||Aug 6|
|Mar 3||Sept 8||Mar 5||Sept 5*|
|Apr 7||Oct 6||Apr 2||Oct 8|
|May 5||Nov 4||Apr 30||Oct 30|
|Jun 9||Dec 2||Jun 4||Nov 27|
|*Class starts on a Wednesday|
|Days (5 weeks) | Mon-Fri 9:00am-6:00pm|
|Jan 8||Jan 15||Feb 12|
|Mar 5||Mar 12||Apr 9|
|May 7||May 14||Jun 4|
|July 9||Jul 16||Aug 6|
|Sept 10||Sept 17||Oct 8|
|Oct 30*||Oct 30*|
Our courses are designed to build flexibility into your schedule:
- Weekends: Saturday and Sunday – 9:00am-5:00pm (approx. 12-14 weeks)
- Evenings: Mon/Wed/Thur – 6:30pm-10:00pm (approx. 18-22 weeks)
- Days: Mon-Fri – 9:00am-6:00pm (5 weeks)
Below lists the basic requirements for becoming a General Lines 2-20 agent:
- Complete an online application
- Be at least 18 years old
- A United States citizen or legal working alien and a Florida resident
- Be in good moral standing in terms of criminal background
- Complete a 200 hour approved course (Gold Coast’s 2-20 course is approved)
- Pass the state exam (Our Instructors, materials, course, and Exam-Prep, have proven to help students pass this exam the first time.)
If you are interested in reading more about the state requirements for becoming a Property and Casualty 2-20 General Lines agent, you can visit the state’s website at www.myfloridacfo.com/division/agents.
You can also feel free to call out Career Counselors at 1-800-732-9140.
West Palm Beach (Lantana)6216 S. Congress Avenue
Lantana, FL 33462
Take I-95 to Lantana Road. Exit west on Lantana Road to Congress Ave. Turn left on Congress and then left into Atlantis Plaza.
(From the North) Take the turnpike to Lake Worth Road. Exit east on Lake Worth Road to Congress Ave. Turn right on Congress and then just past Lantana Road turn left into Atlantis Plaza.
(From the South) Take the turnpike to Boynton Beach Blvd. Exit east on Boynton Beach Blvd to Congress. Turn left (north) on Congress. Turn into Atlantis Plaza, just south of Lantana Road.
Boca Raton2600 N. Military Trail
Boca Raton, FL 33431
From I-95: Exit on Palmetto Park Road and go west. Make a RIGHT onto Military Trail and continue for less than 2 miles. The location is in the Fountain Square complex located immediately after Butts Road on the right hand side.
From Turnpike: Exit on Glades Road and go EAST. Make a left on Butts Road. Follow the road around and make a left onto Military Trail. The location in the Fountain Square complex located on the right hand side.
Tamarac (Broward)5600 Hiatus Road
Tamarac, FL 33321
This Gold Coast building is located on the NE Corner of Hiatus Road and Commercial Blvd., approx. 1/8 mile East of the Sawgrass Expwy off of Commercial Blvd.
Registration for all Insurance and Construction classes are handled by the Gold Coast Professional Schools office at the Broward campus.
North Miami3577 N.E. 163rd Street
North Miami, FL 33160
Located just minutes East of the Gold Glades Interchange (I-95, 826 and the Turnpike.) Exit on 163rd street and go East. Located in the Intracoastal Mall at N.E. 35th Ave.
South Dade (Doral)11250 N.W. 20th Street
Miami, FL 33172
Because this is a new building, on a new street, you will not be able to find us on map search sites yet. Here are directions:
From the North:
Take the Florida Turnpike Extension south to NW 12th Street (exit # 27). Head east.Turn left on NW 111th Ave (just past the mall). Turn left on NW 20th Street. Building is on the left.
From the South:
Take the Florida Turnpike Extension north to NW 12th Street. Head east Turn left on NW 111th Ave (just past the mall). Turn left on NW 20th Street. Building is on the left.
From the East and Downtown Miami:
Head west on 836 to NW 107 Ave exit. Exit north on NW 107 Ave.Turn left on NW 12 St. Turn right on NW 111 Ave. Turn left on NW 20th St. Building is on left.