Kevin R. Milner, MBA, CIC, ITP
Insurance Program Director
Today, one of the most popular licenses among new candidates is the Florida 2-15 Life, Health and Variable Contracts license. Upon achieving the license, candidates may represent products such as Medicare, Medicare Supplement, doctor and hospital insurance, disability, life insurance, and annuities. This license also allows you to sell products under the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act (PPACA) as known as ObamaCare™.
Before you can take the Florida 2-15 Agent state examination, candidates must meet the following requirement:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Meet citizen requirements
- All applicants must be a US citizen or legal alien who possesses work authorization form the US Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Must provide a valid social security number
- Be in good moral standing
- Submit to a criminal background check via fingerprint scan
- Complete an application (utilizing the MyProfile portal on the DFS website)
- Successfully complete an approved course of pre-licensing
- Pass the Florida State Exam.
Please note: Must not be an employee of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs or state service office, as referred to in Section 626.788, Florida Statutes. Must not be a funeral director or direct disposer, or an employee or representative thereof, or have an office in, or in connection with, a funeral establishment.
Gold Coast offer two different formats for taking the 2-15 Agent Pre-Licensing course; online or blended (a combination of classroom and online).
The online course is a self-study video based course allowing candidates to complete the course at their own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day and must be completed within 1 year of purchase. Our Blended course is a combination of the traditional classroom environment as well as the online self-study format. This course consists of 36 hours of classroom instruction with the balance of the time used to discuss topics of law, practice exams, and the course final examination.
In addition to the actual pre-licensing course, Gold Coast offers its famous 1-Day Exam CRAM. This class is available separately to non-Gold Coast students or as an add-on to create a package to one of our class offerings.
For more details on becoming a 2-15 Health, Life & Annuity agent, please contact a Gold Coast Schools Career Counselors at 1-800-732-9140.