ABOUT HUB INTERNATIONAL:
HUB International Limited (“HUB”) is the 5th largest global insurance and employee benefits broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. With over 14,000 employees in 500+ offices throughout North America, HUB has grown substantially, in part due to our industry leading success in Mergers and Acquisitions.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
At HUB we believe in investing in the future of our employees. Our entrepreneurial culture fosters an environment of open feedback and improvement that empowers our people to make the best decisions for our customers and organization. We offer:
• Competitive salaries and benefits offerings
o Medical/dental/vision insurance and voluntary insurance options
o Health Savings Account funding
o 401k matching program
o Company paid Life and Short-Term Disability Plans
o Supplemental Life and Long-Term Disability Options
o Comprehensive Wellness Program
o Generous PTO Package – Vacation, Holiday, Sick, and Personal Time Off
• Great work/life balance, because that’s important for all of us!
• Focus on creating a meaningful environment through employee engagement events
• The ability to be a part of a motivated, winning team with the opportunity to learn from colleagues who are amongst the top talent in the industry!
• Growth potential – HUB is constantly growing and so can your career!
• A rewarding career that helps local businesses in the community
• Strong community support and involvement through HUB Gives
Under the direction of the Chief Insurance Office, this position proactively manages the Commercial and Personal property/casualty claims programs for assigned clients. Claims Advocate is an individual who possesses high levels of motivation and energy and can deliver quality claim service clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for reviewing all new claims on designated clients and establishing a plan of action to achieve a favorable claim resolution.
• Monitors claims activity and engages examiners on handling, providing recommendations, and opinions.
• Attends and facilitates client meetings, claim reviews and vendor visits, review claim status, action plans, and reserves in consideration of client costs.
• Negotiates for changes in reserves for a positive client outcome.
• Provides status reports to clients and keeps Account Executive and Chief Insurance Officer informed.
• Advocates, consults, and provides coverage advice to clients as appropriate.
• Actively researches and obtains claims data from claim carriers and challenges adjusters as warranted while advocating the best possible outcome for clients in accordance with service standards.
• Provides Loss control recommendations, as necessary.
• Attends relevant continuing education seminars and training to enhance knowledge and skills.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Must have a valid Florida state 6-20 license.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree and/or professional designation such as CPCU, AIC, CIC, CRM, AU, AAI, ARM or proven insurance claims-related work experience preferred but not required.
• One or more years of claims experience in an insurance company or third-party administrator.
• Multi-line experience is desirable, including property, general liability, work comp, and auto/transportation.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Energetic, action oriented and ready to seize any opportunity.
• Responds with a sense of urgency as required.
• Excellent listening skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must have valid driver’s license and maintain acceptable driving record.
• Ability and willingness to travel is preferred (up to 25%).