Starting a career in Florida real estate is a fairly simple process. A career in real estate is not easy, but most things worthwhile in life come with some amount of work. Additionally, the income and career opportunities are significant for those who are serious about being successful.
Here are the basic steps to launching your successful Florida real estate career:
- Complete your 63 hour Florida real estate sales associate course. Gold Coast Schools offers the 63 hour sales associate course online and in the classroom in both English and Spanish.
- Submit a state application along with electronic fingerprints. We recommend that you complete this step at the same time that you start the course, this way your exam can be scheduled close to the end of your course. Florida real estate law requires that the applicant is at least 18 years of age, has a social security number, and a high school diploma or equivalency. Florida residency and citizenship are not required.
- Take and pass the Florida real estate sales associate state exam. Gold Coast Schools recognizes that many students are nervous about taking a state exam and has dedicated instructors who will provide you with the confidence and knowledge needed to pass. Included in your course is a live in-class review that many students who take the classroom, or the online, real estate course find to be very valuable.
- Find a broker that you are comfortable with. Gold Coast Schools offers monthly career fairs to help students find brokers who are eager to hire new agents. There are many points of difference with brokers and it is important that a new Florida real estate sales associate is comfortable with the broker they choose to work with.
- Take action immediately. Real estate is a commission oriented business, and a business where sales associates can make significant amounts of money. However, making money requires a game plan and consistent action. Gold Coast Schools offers the Next Step program to help new sales associates plan and start their careers.
Gold Coast is Florida’s largest real estate school and has been in business since 1970. Gold Coast offers all required Florida real estate pre-license, post-license, and continuing education courses for both sales associates and brokers. In addition to courses in English, Gold Coast also offers most real estate courses in Spanish as well. Learn more about how Gold Coast can help you start your real estate career by visiting us online, or by calling a helpful Career Counselor at 1-800-732-9140.